Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Emerging Cold War

1. Who is writing?
I think the person who is writing the is an unbars person recalling the facts from the US side.
2 Who is the audience ?
I think the audience is someone who would be interested in knowing the facts of the the cold war began.
3. Who does the writer represent? I think the writer represents someone who knew a lot about how the US 's side of how and why the Cold War began.
4.What is being said?I think one of the Major things being said is that Russia did not really want to fight in a war but wanted to Rep the benefits of a war.
5. How is it being said? In document 2 when Churchill delivers his " Iron Curtain" speech he says " I do not believe that Soviet Russia desires a war. What they desire is the fruits of war and the indefinite expansion of their power and doctrines ... Our difficulties and dangers will not be removed by ... mere waiting to see what happens; nor will they be relieved by a policy of appeasement. I am convinced that there is nothing ( The Russians) admire so much as strength , and there is nothing for which they have less respect that for military weakness.
6. What proof and or justification is being used to legitimize the request? -
Churchill's speech.

No comments: